Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Scared Stuck

It's been months since I've publishes a post. I found other things to occupy my time. I kept busy. But I'm coming back today. I'm coming back to talk about fear.

At the beginning of this month, I decided to take more responsibility over my life. I decided that I wanted more from my life and was fully capable of achieving it. So I started to plan and day dream and dream on paper and make lists. I started where I think a lot of us start. At what I thought was the beginning. But almost a month later I realize that I am still in planning mode. The more days that pass and the more I'm in planning mode, I've noticed a tenseness in my body and a weight in the pit of my stomach. Upon further reflection, I've come to call these feelings fear. I'm afraid. I feel like I need to take some action steps now, but I'm afraid. Absolutely terrified. What if my ideas don't work in the real world? What if they are bad ideas? Who am I to implement these ideas anyway? I'm no expert in the field, just someone who's interested in seeing this idea come to form. Why can't I just take a step? Any step?

So much I've read says that taking action helps to remove the fear. I keep remembering this, but I still do nothing. I have no happy ending yet. I'm wondering if I should even post this. I'm just holding out hope that sometime down the road when I post again in the future, I can look back at this entry and say "Remember when I was feeling that way? I'm glad it didn't last."

No comments:

Post a Comment